MENU

Thursday, February 18, 2016

38 week thoughts + maternity photos

Where is this baby?!  We are anxiously awaiting the stars to align so that we can meet this little one!  Colton is at my parents for the week so now would be the perfect time for this peanut to make it's appearance.  Of course I've reached the point of waiting... and waiting.... since Colton was born at 37 1/2 weeks but I have a sneaky suspicion that this sweet baby is going to hold on until the very end.

For now I am savoring the moments that I get to spend with just my husband and loving every minute alone that I still have with Colton.  Did I mention that I am nervous to be a mom of two?  I hear that is a natural feeling and concern - wondering how you will find enough room in your heart for two but a good friend told me that it's not about making room, instead it's about your heart growing to a capacity that you've never known and then being amazed at what you can handle.

I'm also spending these last days of pregnancy practicing thankfulness.  When I'm tried, sore, overwhelmed, or exhausted I take a moment to thank God that I am healthy, that I can carry a baby, that I can be a mom, and that I have a husband who truly loves me and our family unconditionally, even in those moments when no one should ever want to be around me.

For now, we'll continue to wait, look forward to the love we get to share, and continue to thank God for the good He is blessing us with.

Here are a few more maternity photos I snapped yesterday afternoon, hoping that my babies will someday be curious about how their mom looked when she carried them.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!