MENU

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Boy or Girl? Nursery design plan for baby #2

Life just got real as soon as we flipped the calendar to 2016.  Baby #2 will be here soon... real soon.  My to-do and "honey-do" lists continue to grow but at the end of the day we'll be fine - all a baby really needs is love, right?

This past summer we re-configured our second floor to add a 3rd bedroom for the new baby.  It's a small bedroom, but still includes a closet and a place for all necessary furniture.  Truth-be-told we don't spend much time in our bedrooms so small is ok.

As I continue to allow my interior styling creativity grow I become more brave and find myself settling less.  When Colton was born his room was gender neutral.  For this baby, since we don't know what we are having, will start gender neutral but quickly become very boy or very girl. Take a look at the design plan below starting with the nursery basics (most of which came from Colton's nursery) and look at how quickly, with just a couple of basic items, a room can go from gender neutral to gender specific.

For item sources, visit my Baby Pinterest board.

As for the re-claimed wood wall, I want to make it happen and I think I've got my sister convinced to help me.  We are in the process of searching for materials and easy 'how-to' plans.  Send some ideas my way if you've got them!

What do you think we'll have - a boy or girl? Let me know your thoughts in the comments!

And, if you are looking to re-style a space, check out my interior styling services.

7 comments :

  1. I'm trying to find a crib. Love this look...any tips on picking the right one? There's so many! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have an true tips for selecting a crib since I just picked one that I liked but if I had to think about it some things I'd consider are: Budget, size - height and overall scale (ours is short and not overly big), do you want anything attached to it like a changing table or dresser, and consider the room arrangement - will it fit in any place you may want to move it? Hope your day is great!

      Delete
  2. Thanks! Would you say the height of yours was okay or did you wish you had a taller one? The one I like is a little shorter, but meets safety requirements. However, I didn't know if that would be something I would regret having later on or not! So many decisions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ours was lower than I had expected but I like it. Harder to change sheets on the bed while expecting a second baby but easier to pick up Colton out of the crib. I'd say to check it out in person or if you decide you don't like it, you can always return it. :)

      Delete
  3. Hey Beth! I am voting a girl for you! Seems to be in the water up that way! For the wood wall, my advice is to make sure you treat it with a clear coat or something that will make it easy to dust or wipe down and splinter free since it will be in a childs room.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for such an informative blog.
    Are you planning for a baby boy ? Some couples desire to have a baby boy and it is okay. We always appreciate them with and want to help them. In this purpose, we have introduced some highly effective natural methods. Visit us to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
    babycakes

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!