MENU

Friday, May 17, 2019

36 things about me on my 36th birthday


Today I celebrate number 36! Only 4 years until 40...yikes.  In some ways I feel like I've done and accomplished a lot and in other ways I feel like I should be in a completely different place but only God knows what's in store.  If you'd have asked me 10 years ago and I would have never imagined being a mom to 3 boys, living in Iowa, farming on our own and selling seed corn. I would have likely guessed I'd be a mom to girls, working as a manager in a corporate office and farming with my parents.

Anyhoo... in honor of my 36th birthday, for the fun of it, I thought I'd share 36 things that you may or may not know about me.

1. I grew up on a farm in Minnesota
2. My parents still farm.
3. I have two younger sisters
4. I have a younger brother who passed away after his second birthday
5. My husband and I started a first generation farm in Iowa - purebred angus cows, corn, soybeans and chickens
6. I'm a mom to 3 boys #boymom
7. I graduated from the University of Minnesota with a degree in Ag Education - never taught
8. While I was in college, I was a member of a sorority
9. ...and the University of Minnesota Homecoming Queen
10. Speaking of "royalty" my two sisters and I were all crowned "1st princess" in our hometown pageant
11. My favorite TV show is Parenthood. A close second is Queer Eye.
12. I bought my 1st house in 2008 in New Ulm, MN and completely re-decorated it. 
13. I lived in Cincinnati, Ohio for 1 year
14. I met my husband at a sales conference for the company we were working for.
15. His company bought my company and now we work for the same company again.
16. I rode in an elevator with the lead singer of Metallica - with no clue who he was
17. I'm convinced I hung out with the mob one time in Miami, FL
18. I was in the same room with President George Bush while I was in FFA
19. I am a huge Eric Church fan
20. I ran for Miss Minnesota USA (it was every stereotype you can think of)
21. I've never broken a bone
22. I am concerned that I am not likeable or relatable
23. It's totally ok if I never get sent or gifted flowers - I'm not a fan
24. I'd choose the mountains instead of the ocean
25. I'd love to own my own business.  Not sure what that would be, maybe interior styling
26. I also have an interest in opening a breakfast/lunch cafe in our super small town
27. My high school job was working on a dairy farm
28. I rarely take naps - just not my thing
29. I would describe my style a casual.  I love dressing up jeans, t-shirts and sweatshirts
30. I've never smoked
31. I'm a consistent user of Beachbody on Demand workouts - totally worth the subscription
32. I grew up without air conditioning
33. ... or cable
34. I played guitar in elementary school and middle school
35. The first (and last) gun I shot was in my late 20's
36. I'm a pretty good cook

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!