MENU

Wednesday, December 16, 2015

3 maternity must haves

I feel that since I am in the third trimester of my second pregnancy I've learned a few things that have made me a little smarter than I was during my first pregnancy - that's just a whorl-wind all together.

While I've been fortunate to feel really good during both pregnancies (knock-on-wood) there are a few items that have really helped me stay on track when it comes to fitness and self-esteem.  They include a Fitbit, Jergans Instant Sun Sunless Tanning Mousse, and a Belly Belt.


Fitbit. I'm addicted - this has to be my best purchase of 2015!  My Fitbit helps me stay on track to hit my goal, there is something about the dang thing lighting up and buzzing on my wrist when I hit my goal that gives me such a sense of accomplishment for the day.  This little tool has kept me active and moving all day long - I take the stairs every chance I get in my office building (it's 75 steps from the ground floor to the 3rd floor), I walk at least 2,000 steps on the treadmill each day, and I park further away from the door in any parking lot! I should mention, I did lower my goal to 8,000 steps - this is still about 3-4,000 more steps than what I'd get on an average day where I didn't go to the gym!  It'a also really helped me to keep my weight in check.  I've only gained 20lbs so far this pregnancy compared to 40 lbs by the time Colton was born. Bottom line: You should own one!

Jergans Instant Sun, Sunless Tanning Mousse. We all know that tanning beds during pregnancy are a no-no (I actually skip them all together) but there are special occasions, or even just normal days, when you want to feel a little sunkissed.  For me, these are the days I wear dresses. The results are instant, it doesn't turn your skin orange, and it washes away in two days.  Bottom Line: Be the glowing mama that you are!

Belly Belt. A friend introduced me to these - they are amazing!  Throw that rubber band or hair tie away and get yourself a set of these!  They are perfect for that moment that where all of a sudden your pants are just a little more difficult to zip but your definitely not ready for maternity pants. These are your ticket.  They helped me to feel human for a long time and I think they'll come in handy for a few days after the baby comes. Bottom Line: Well worth the purchase to feel good in what you're wearing!

There you go... a few things to add to your Christmas list.  My best to you mama's!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!