MENU

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Two Under Two

It's been so long since I've written a blog post that I'm glad blogger let me sign in!

So much happening lately and being a mom to a 15-month-old is busy, tiring, and so, SO FUN!  (Except when we have to go in the house for supper, then it's a kicking, screaming, hair-pulling tantrum but that's a whole different story that I wont bore you with.)

In other news - we are excepting baby #2 and will soon become parents to two under two!  Yay! (Right? I can handle two in diapers with minimal verbal communication skills. I'm sure I can. At least that's what I tell myself.)
 
Shirt (Target) | Jeans (GAP, old) | Shoes (Target, similar)

Since I consider this my "official" social media announcement I'm sure you have questions on your mind so let me try to address them.

When are you due?
Leap year! More technically my due date is sometime between February 28 (ultrasound) and March 2 (calendar).  To me, this means leap year.  However, with any luck we'll have an early baby like Colton was.

How far along are you?
20 weeks

How do you feel?
As of right now, I feel great and often forget that I'm pregnant.  During the first trimester it was a whole different story.  I felt exhausted, a little more sick than I did with Colton, and experienced a few headaches which is very unlike me.  I'm still exercising around 4 times/week, mostly cardio - walking, elliptical (I'm not much of a runner) and weight lifting at least once each week.

Were you trying?
Yes and no.  We weren't trying to not have a baby.  We decided that when Colton turned one we'd see what happens.  Shortly after his first birthday we found out we were expecting.

Will you find out what you are having?
Nope! There are too few surprises in life and this is one of the absolute best! (at least in our minds) Not to mention, it's something to keep you working when you're in the delivery room.

What's your work plan after baby #2 is born?
For those of you that don't know, I drive an hour and 20 minutes to work 3/days a week.  I'm not sure what my plan is as of yet, a lot of conversations need to happen.  What I do know is that I can't be that far away from two babies.

Are you nervous to be a mom of two?
I'm more excited than nervous.  I'm just wondering how I'm going to get everything done with two babies following me around, especially in the morning while I'm getting ready for work.

What do you miss the most from pre-pregnancy?
I miss the occasional alcoholic beverage - a glass of wine, mixed drink, or beer. Mostly on Friday's to celebrate the end of the work week, when my husband and I get to just chill.

What's your blogging and e-design service plan?
I miss blogging so my new goal is to write one post per week and see where it goes as well as take on any interested e-design clients.

There you have it - our baby news!

6 comments :

  1. Congrats Beth! My boys are 20 months apart and it is a blast. The baby is 5 months old now, and I can already see their budding brotherly friendship. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Beth & Family! You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be able to handle it! It's a lot of work with two, but you'll sort through it and find a new routine! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Blessings on the rest of pregnancy and enjoying the bliss of a growing family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so happy for you! You look adorable, too. I totally understand not waning to be so far away from the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! How exciting. I know how you feel... my little ones are only 13 months apart !!! Talk about exhausting and scary. They are approaching 2 and 3 years old now and fight like there is no tomorrow and scream and hit each other all day. I feel like I'm going to go insane but it will pass LOL but you'll be so lucky to experience all that too :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!