MENU

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Nursery plank wall


You know the phrase "it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission"? Well, I tried that with my plank wall project because I knew my husband would attempt to talk me out of it for a number of reasons.  Let me give you a little advice, if you choose to go this route, don't send him a picture text of your completed project while he's away - it may not turn out how you had hoped. However, after some general husband/wife back and forth his final statement was, "If you like it, I'm happy with it." Truth is - I LOVE IT!!

Whew...

Here is a before and after.

I thought about this project long and hard, primarily because I knew my husband would talk me out of it and decided to give it a go.  Now, I'm not that handy so it helps to know people how are much more handy than myself.  Take my friend, Cynthia, for example, she owns power tools and updated most of a home by herself.  And then there is my sister, Kayle, definitely more handy than me who dives into projects and just knows how to get things done  These two played a huge role in my simple (to them) project.

I read a lot of blog posts about plank walls and pallet walls and landed on doing a pine plank wall.  The wall was too small to create a staggered look, thus the reason I opted for a plank wall.

The wall is 5 ft x 8 ft with no outlets! (Lucked out there.) It was also relatively square for a nearly 100-year-old farm house.

Here is my supply list:
- 10 ft, Pine 1 x 4 boards cut in half by home depot (free)
- Minnwax stain in Mission oak
- Level
- Handy friends who own necessary power tools (nail gun)

My sister and I stained the boards the day before we hung them so they had time to dry. Cynthia arrived the next day with her nail gun, and beginning with the board at the bottom, leveled it and then shot a few nails in each board where the studs in the wall were.  It took us longer to stain the boards than it did to actually hang them.

And of course, I LOVE the result.


More pictures and nursery decorating details to come... stay tuned by following along via Bloglovin'!


 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!