MENU

Thursday, January 25, 2018

Living Room Addition Decorating Plan

Yes - we are putting an addition on our house.  No - we are not expecting another baby.

It seems that we tackle a big renovation project when we are planning to add another member to our family.  When we were expecting Colton we renovated the whole main floor of our home.  When we were expecting Hank we re-configured our second floor to add a third bedroom.  Now, we are putting an addition on our living room and re-doing the front porch on our house.  Needless to say, we are spending the rest of our lives here since we've stuck so much money into this 100+ year old farm house.

But, it's home.

If you are new around here, or even if you're not, I think it's important to tell you that my husband and I are not DIY renovators.  We are more like the hire it done type of renovators.  Our projects usually go something like this....

Me: "Honey, I think we need to add onto the living room.  The boys are getting big, we are crammed when people come to visit and the boys have a lot of stuff."
Him: "We'll be fine, when the boys get older we'll never be around anyhow."
Me: "Right..."
Him: "Ok, I'll call the contractor"

He's good to me like that.  We also have a fantastic contractor in our area.

I do enjoy the decorating part of renovations and additions. I usually tackle this on my own.  For this living room addition I feel like I have a clear idea of how I'd like the space the feel - warm, cozy, modern farmhouse-ish.  I am also in love with texture - a variety of texture is what will give the space the cozy feeling.

I put together a mood board to give you an idea of the look and feel for the space. While some of these items will be exact items, I may find similar items that fit the budget a little better. Like the Pottery barn sectional - unless they want to do a collaboration??!!  (I'd do all the posts and complete a list of 100 requirements if they offered up this sectional!)

You'll probably take a look at a few of the items, like the counter stool and coat rack, and wonder what in the world they have to do with a living room decorating plan but let's be real - one thing always leads to another when you're re-decorating.

For the color, I'm going with Sherwin Williams Pearly White SW7009 for the entire main floor - living room, dining area, kitchen, entry, and staircase to our second floor.

no. 1 curtains | no. 2 bamboo shades | no. 3 sectional | no. 4 black & white pillow | no. 5 green tassel pillow | no. 6 herringbone area rug | no. 7 poster | no. 8 gold circle mirror | no. 9 Moroccan pouf | no. 10 velvet pillow | no. 11 runner rug | no. 12 counter stool | no. 13 coat hanger | no. 14 fiddle leaf fig

Want to see more things I'm thinking about for the space? Check out my Pinterest board.

1 comment :

Let me know what you're thinking!