MENU

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

All About Our New Sectional


I've been asked a whole bunch of times on instagram about my couch.  Not shocking since I fell in love with this sectional through pictures a friend of mine posted on her Facebook page. So, I thought I'd put all of the details together in this blog post.  Not that there are really a lot of details to share, but you get the point.



Our sectional is from Slumberland, is part of the Rise Collection and made by Brahaus Furniture. It is very simple with clean lines and square arms.  What I loved about this collection is that you can mix and match the pieces so you get exactly what you want.  The standard sectional is a 3-piece, right chaise sectional that comes in the exact color I have.  This basically means that they have all of those exact pieces in stock and you can get your coach within a few days.  For us, those 3 pieces weren't exactly what we needed for our space so I worked with Keith (he's great!) at Slumberland in Carroll, Iowa to put the pieces of our sectional together.


Our sectional is 3 pieces, two sofa-like pieces and an extra armless seat.  The sectional could have been two pieces, using the sofa-like pieces and I would have been perfectly happy and about $339 richer but my husband insisted that we get the extra seat so there was plenty of seating in our living room. (I wish I could insert an eye-roll emoji right here.)  So basically if 10 of you all come for a visit, all 10 of you should have room to sit on the couch. 



Unfortunately the couch comes past the wall which makes me totally crazy.  So I added this gold lamp from Target to balance it out a little bit.  Once I round up some non-husband help, because this will have to be a secret mission, I might take out the extra seat and use it as a slipper chair somewhere else in the living room. 


Anyhow, since I ordered pieces that weren't generally in stock it took about 5 weeks for the sectional to arrive. (It just missed Hank's third birthday so everyone had to sit on the floor... of course that would happen!)  Since the pieces that we ordered had to be made, the salesperson had me look at the different fabric options, I stuck with the standard gray, and I got to pick out my pillow covers.  There were a lot to options to select from, most of which were NOT my taste.  Luckily this navy velvet was an option.  I like the color, we use the pillows, and they go with my over decor scheme.  Winning all-around!


Now to answer the most important question - "Is it comfortable?"  Yes! I fall asleep on it almost every night.  Mom life, am I right?!

I find furniture shopping to be both fun and stressful, especially when you know exactly what you want but have a hard time finding it.  Keep in mind that with sofas and sectionals you can change fabric, pillow covers, arm-style, etc...  Once I took a look at this sectional I knew it was exactly what I wanted, I just had to talk my husband into it.  The price-point seems a little steep but for a decent quality sectional, it's right in the ball park.

We've really stuck to our guns on the "no food or drinks in the living room" rule and its been working wonderfully.  My boys have only taken the cushions off the once which I quickly put a hard stop to.

Overall, we are really happy with our purchase!  Now to get something hung on my walls...

Sources
Sectional - Slumberland | Footstool - thrifted | Black & White Pillows - CB2 | Lamp - Target | Faux Fur Throw- Target

5 comments :

  1. Your website consists of a lot additional info that provides much more understanding and much more suggestions concerning the subjects you've provided inside your website.
    cheap corner leather sofa uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your living room looks beautiful! We're thinking of purchasing this sectional. I'm wondering how it has held up over the past year? I haven't had much luck finding reviews online. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just looked at this sectional at Slumberland today but I'm worried about longevity for the price. I am curious- how is yours holding up? Any issues or sagging cushions? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our intricate outdoor wooden furniture items have been crafted with stylishness and durability in mind. They will allow you to create an impactful and unique outdoor seating space. Our elegant, sturdy and classic wooden BBQ shelters in particular will provide you shelter from the unpredictable weather and let you keep the party going
    Wooden BBQ shelter
    wooden garden planters and troughs

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!