MENU

Tuesday, February 12, 2019

5 Things I'm Looking Forward to Post-Pregnancy

I'm finally reading Rachel Hollis's book Girl Wash Your Face (I know, I'm behind the times) and so far there have been a couple parts of the book that I swear were written for me.  Specifically, the part about pregnancy not being her thing.  I can relate and I talked about it some in this post.  I admire all of you mama's who love pregnancy. 

The good news is that the end is in sight, we are (hopefully) less than two weeks away from meeting our baby which has got me thinking about a few things I'm really looking forward to post-pregnancy.

1 // Cuddling a new baby. Really, enough said here.  Oh and finding out if we'll add another boy to our family or navigate a new adventure with a little girl.

2// A new wardrobe. I am SO tired of my current clothing situation.  I don't think I'll care if I see another plain colored, long-sleeve shirt or cardigan for the next year!  You should see our laundry piles right now, mine is pretty minimal since I keep wearing the same thing over and over...and over, making my husband's pile look like Mount Everest. All of my clothes will be new to me and of course I've bought a few things recently that I'm looking forward to wearing - like these jeans and this sweater.


Jeans
Shirt
Earrings

3// Exercise. I don't think I've exercised even 1 day during this third trimester.  I've stayed really active - no choice with two boys - but haven't done any scheduled exercise.  This is taking a toll on my mental health so I'm looking forward to getting back at it as soon as my body is ready.  I follow these two gals - Rachel and Kari - who have given me tons of inspiration to get back at it!  Give them a follow!

4// A drink. Yep - I need to take the edge off.  My husband would likely agree.  Not that I need to drink but sometimes is just nice to have a little at-home, Friday, happy hour or have a drink when we get to go out for dinner.  The Palm Breeze I put in my fridge 9 months ago is calling my name.

5// Not working. It's true, I'd be lying if I said I'll miss work.  I'm sure eventually I will miss work, but I'll be back at it soon enough.  For now, I'll try to think of maternity leave as a little vacation that will hopefully allow me to catch up with some long-lost friends, finish up a couple of small house projects, and enjoy my family without feeling pulled in different directions.  Sorry to my customer's who might read this, don't take offense - you'll see me again soon enough!

What did you look forward to most post-pregnancy?  Comment below!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!