MENU

Monday, July 22, 2019

How I Use Essential Oils for Self Care

It's official - my husband things I'm nuts. 

I jumped on the Essential Oils wagon and guess what?! I'm a fan!  My sister initially introduced essential oils to me by gifting me a diffuser and On Guard Essential Oil to keep away the crud with a new baby in the house.  It just so happened that I started to really enjoy diffusing oils so I bought a second diffuser through my friend Morgan who is an advocate for doTERRA Essential Oils.  Now I'm using them more topically and internally than I am diffusing them.  Here's how...

IN MY WATER

Every morning I start off with this combo: Lemon + Grapfruit + Peppermint to detox, control cravings and support metabolism. They call this the "weight loss trio."  I like the added flavor in my water so after I have one 15oz water bottle with this combo I stick to either lemon on grapefruit.  The grapefruit definitely helps to control my sugar cravings - I was recently able to resist the monster cookies I made (what is wrong with me?!) and cut way back on popping candy in my mouth from our secret stash (don't judge, you know you have one too!

Two things to keep in mind if you add oils to your water; 1. Make sure they are labeled for internal use.  If they have a nutrition label on them you're good-to-go!  2. Use a glass or metal water bottle.  Here is a link to my Sip by Swell water bottle

LASH GROWTH


I have an obsession with wanting thick, long lashes. I've tried a growth serum which worked ok but I had to remember to put it on before bed and even tried lash extensions that I had removed a week later because they were so uncomfortable.  I came across this idea from My Well Oiled Life on Instagram - add a drop of each to a new bottle of mascara and apply it like you do every day, no extra step.  I can tell a difference in my lashes - they seem a little thicker and don't seem to break off or go missing.  I should also mention that Voluminous Lash Paradise Mascara from L'Oreal is Ahhh-Mazing!  Pair these things together and Ta-da - Lashes for days!


HAIR HEALTH


Speaking of hair... I made this leave-in spray for my hair.  My hair tends to get dried out and appear dull and I'm on the path of growing it out.  This spray promotes healthy hair, growth and thickness.  I spray it on my scalp morning and night and then brush through my hair.  My hair has started to look a little shinier and not so dry.  You can find this recipe from My Well Oiled Life also.

FACE SERUM


A friend who I haven't seen in awhile was watching my instagram stories and sent me a message complimenting me on my clear skin.  (Winning!)  I've added this to my daily skin care routine.  It's 15 drops of each oil + a splash of witch hazel and filled with jojoba oil.  I paint my face with it at night after washing and then work it in with my fingers.  Then I top with my Origins Night A Mins moisturizer.  It's definitely helped to reduce redness, tighten my pores and (hopefully) work on my fine lines. 

AFTER SUN SPRAY

This one is a recent addition to my lineup.  My husband and I have started kayaking again and after 2-3 hours on the river, no matter the SPF (I wear SPF50, call me grandma) we still get a little red and our skin feels dried out.  This cooling spray has been awesome! It has for sure cooled down our skin and evens helps it feel moisturized.  You can find this recipe from essentially_joilful on instagram.  

Just so you know, I'm not selling essential oils because I'm terrible at direct sales like this. However I am a fan of doTERRA Essential Oils. If you're interested in trying these look up my friend Morgan on Instagram.  They are fun to play around with and have a quite a few benefits if you're willing to actually use them.  Not to mention, if you live in the middle of nowhere like I do and don't feel like going to the store to buy a "remedy" all of the time, with a small stash of oils you can usually find something that works. 

Here are links to the spray bottles and rollers I use.

1 comment :

  1. Hi,good day!

    Can I the recipes for Eyelash Serum, Hair Health and Face Serum?

    Look forward to hearing from you.

    Thank you.
    Regards
    Elvira

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!