MENU

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Tips to help survive the "fat-stage" of pregnancy

I've been walking once a week with a friend who is pregnant with her first baby.  I asked how it was going she said that she was feeling really good except she felt like she was just putting on all kinds of extra weight.  I replied with "so you feel like you are in the fat-stage."  

I am convinced the fat-stage of pregnancy should be an officially named thing because everyone goes through it... week 1: normal, week 2, normal, week 3: weight gain, weeks 4 thru 19: fat, week 20: recognizable baby bump! 

For me, the fat-stage lasted up until week 19 or 20, it wasn't until recently that I had a recognizable baby bump, I'm sure this is different for everyone.  (If you haven't experienced this stage, let's just say you're pretty awesome!) Since I'm in my second pregnancy I've learned a little more about surviving this stage, which really isn't so bad after you make your baby news announcement but is the worst when you're keeping the secret.

Below are a few tips from me to you to help you mama's-to-be survive this stage.


21 Weeks
Piko shirt - Gray Monroe | Jeans - Old Navy | Booties - Old Navy | Purse - thrifted | Lipstick - Maybelline Blissful Berry | Jewelry - Old

Before I start sharing my tips, it's important to note that weight-gain is inevitable and actually a good thing during pregnancy.  Just don't let yourself think "who cares what I eat, I'm going to gain weight anyhow!"

1 | Wear loose-fitting shirts
This is easy since loose fitting clothes are a style trend right now.  

2 | Buy a pair of jeans 1 size up
It's ok. You need to be comfortable and confident and buying a pair of "normal" jeans that fit definitely helps.  Not to mention you'll be glad you have these on hand for post-pregnancy.  

3 | Wear boots, wedges, or heels
Boots, wedges, heels, or really anything with even a moderate heel, help to lengthen out your legs making you appear taller and more thin.

4 | Eat healthy and keep up your exercise routine
You'll feel thinner and better. (however, let's not ignore the fact that my sweet-tooth is taking over my life lately - yikes!)

5 | Mind over matter
You're really the only one that notices so don't be so hard on yourself -  you're carrying a miracle!

By the way, here is a good article on pregnancy weight gain.  It really helps to put things into perspective.

Cheers!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!