MENU

Thursday, April 14, 2016

April Favorite Finds


I'm still on maternity leave, but only for another week and a half (insert tears of dread having to go back to work, and the finally nice weather doesn't help.)  Since I've been on maternity leave I've found a few things that are safe to call favorites, which has lead to a new blog post segment of favorite monthly finds. I guess you could call this a sort of product review as well as just sharing some good stuff I've come across and would recommend to you all!

So, here are my favorite finds for the month of April...

My parents heard Matthew Kelly speak a church function where he handed out his book, Rediscover Jesus.  Of course, my dad being the Catholic that he is, he asked if he could take a copy for each of his girls!  I had every intention of reading this during lent but it didn't happen. However, I just picked it up a couple of weeks ago and haven't been able to put it down.  I look forward to reading a chapter every day and I've become to take notes in the book.  I'd totally recommend it as a sort of daily devotional.

Starbucks Via Cafe Mocha how I love thee!  I got a package of this from my best friend shortly after Hank was born and now I'm hooked.  It seems a little expensive, $5.89-6.39 depending on where you shop, but it's cheaper than actually going to Starbucks for a tall mocha! Plus, I get 5 drinks worth! These will be a staple for when I go back to work, and probably continue to be a staple in my home. Yum, yum!

I've been looking for a hair product that will product my hair from heat damage so it starts to feel smooth and shiny again.  I guess as I get older I think about all of the terrible things I've done to hurt my hair during my younger days. L'Oreal Sleek It Heat Spray is great, my hair feels smooth, shiny and I have a peace of mind because I'm protecting my hair.

Nickel and Suede earrings are my new addiction.  While they are a little more spendy than earrings you find at Target, I still love them and wear them every day.  Limonada, pictured above, are the April earrings of the month.  Go snag a pair, you wont regret it!

Hypnose Drama mascara is awesome!  I've been on the market for a good mascara that lengthens and thickens my lashes, this is it! I think I've always known this, just hated to pay the department store price.  But, I decided to gift this to myself after having a baby (how's that for justification?!). Here's the thing though, it's wet and goopy initially but as you use it more, it gets better.

So, there you go, my favorite finds for April!  Let me know if you try any of them and what you think!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!