MENU

Friday, November 1, 2019

TGIF: November 1



Happy Friday everyone! 

Even though it's a little rainy going into the weekend, I always welcome Friday's because it's time to just chill. I need it this week, it's been a good, scary and fun week all wrapped into one if you can believe that.

I used to write an every Friday blog post titled High 5 for Friday, it was pretty popular so I thought I'd bring it back but maybe call it Thank Goodness For Friday?? I haven't decided yet, that's just what today feels like.  

Anyhoo... here's the first installment of a (hopefully) regular Friday post that will likely be full of random things from the week.  Give me feedback, we'll see where it goes. :)

one || part of my job in the fall is to hop in combines with customers - I start out with a two-round rule because some guys like having people ride, other's don't and I try to be respectful of that.  Monday I rode with a pretty fun customer - good laughs, good information, good feedback.  They are the kind of guys who make me really enjoy my job. 


two || not quite as cool as number one but took over the majority of my week was a (hopefully) minor health scare with Gabe.  I'm not good at openly sharing tough stuff that happens, it never seems to fit in a conversation well but, he had a febral seizure on Tuesday evening at daycare.  It was scary - probably more scary for our daycare provider.  I sped to daycare, prayed the whole way there, rode in an ambulance with my 8 1/2 month old baby and spent a couple of hours in the ER.  We have some questions yet, and a follow up appointment, but if it was what the doctors say it was we are alright. We will just have to watch fevers VERY closely. 

What I learned is that moms, we can handle tough stuff in the moment for our babies, for our families and for our friends but it's ok to cry your eyes out the next day. 

No need to feel like you need to reach out by leaving a comment or sending a message, just do me a favor and say an extra prayer for the little guy that he doesn't have to experience this again. 

three || I refocused and didn't feel the need to explain it to anyone.  I usually feel that if I change course, I have to explain why to everyone but after Tuesday night in the ER with Gabe, I just did it.  I took the time with my baby and didn't feel the need to answer to anyone. Family is always first.


four || The older my boys get, the more fun Halloween is. They love to dress up - especially Hank! He ran between houses shouting "SUPER CAT SPEED" and had no hesitation saying "trick or treat!" Colton asked me to dress up so, despite my hating to wear costumes, I gave it and found a mask and called myself "Super Mom!"  The boys loved it!

five || I'm doing it - I'm giving one of my entrepreneurial ideas a go!  I signed up to be a Maskcara Artist!  I love the makeup and I love skin care so I decided to take on this business venture.  Hopefully your willing to like my Facebook page and follow along for some skincare and makeup tips.  Click here for my website and here to like my Facebook page.

Have a super weekend... thanks for reading! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!