MENU

Monday, April 8, 2019

My Favorite Tinted Lip Balms

I really want to like lipstick, like REALLY want to like it, but I don't.  I can never find the right color, sometimes it feels tacky, and I feel like a goof putting it on needless to say re-applying it. Let's just say I'm not one to excuse myself to the bathroom after a meal just to come back to the table with a fresh coat of lipstick.  I feel awkward.  But I do really want to like lipstick.

But lip balm - that's where it's at! I love it and have no hesitation re-applying it anywhere and everywhere!  Here are my three favorites and a snapshot of how they look on me. They are Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm in 'Red Dalia', Covergirl Oh Sugar! in 'Jelly', and Sugar fresh in 'Petal'. Keep in mind that lip colors, while the same color in the tube, look a little different on everyone because our natural lip colors are all a little different.



BURT'S BEES - RED DALIA
I love this one because first of all it looks like a chapstick (win!) and feels like chapstick (also win!). The color is deep and muted and doesn't come with a whole lot of shine. You can buy it here.


COVERGIRL Oh Sugar! - Jelly
I discovered the Oh Sugar tinted lip balms on a whim a year or two ago and became a huge fan.  It's like lipstick but feels like lip balm.  It makes my lips feel soft and offers a great pop of color.  Besides this color, I also like 01 Cupcake for a sheer gloss.  The downfall is that it looks like a tube of lipstick so I'm not a public re-applier (is that a word?! and I think I just figured out what I don't love lipstick??) This line of tinted lip balms must not have been too popular because they are hard to find.  Looks like Amazon has this color available or check Walgreens
(PS, you can get 6% cash back at Walgreens if you sign up for Ebates.)


SUGAR FRESH - PETAL
This one is my favorite of the lineup, also the most expensive (probably why it's my favorite).  This tinted lip balm adds the most natural looking tint to my lips and feels like silk plus it's got sunscreen in it - SPF 15. I've been on the hunt for a rosy pink and this is color was it!  You can buy it here.


If you can't tell, I stay pretty close to the same neutral-looking color pallet.  While these colors work well for me, keep in mind that lipsticks and lip balms look different on nearly everyone because of the natural color of our lips.  Use these colors as a starting point and then work your way up or down the color lineup until you find one you like!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!