MENU

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

A Black Maxi Dress + Connecting In Our Virtual World

Maxi Dress: Old Navy

I often think about how virtual our world has become.  This makes me appreciate phone calls and snail mail all the more because I am a fan of having a human connection based on friendship, similarities, goals, and the ability to have a genuine conversation.

While living in such a virtual world makes it easier to connect, I believe we take this for granted by thinking "I'll send her a text later" or "I'll reply to that tweet when I get more time." Sound familiar?  I do it all the time.

I am making an honest effort to really, truly connect with other humans more so than I have in the past, especially as I am starting this blog.  Here are a few ideas for how to connect in our virtual world.

1. PICTURES
I feel so much more connected to others when I get to see their picture it offers a sense of self and a human element to our virtual relationships.  I would be lying if I said I was photogenic but it's part of making a connection.

2. CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION
I appreciate all of the comments that are left on my blog and Facebook page! If there is an opportunity to continue the conversation it's important to me to leave a reply.  Conversations foster relationships and bring the human element we look for.

3. ENGAGE IN SOCIAL MEDIA
Become more than a follower - like, comment on, and share/re-tweet social media posts. Social media is a great tool for building relationships, don't be afraid to join in on the discussion.  I know it's easy for me to think, "they'll never read my comment" this might be true but you never know - it might be just what someone was looking for (as long as your positive)

By the way, what do you think of this black maxi dress?  I like that it's slimming and versatile.  Unfortunately I think it's a little too low cut to wear to work but for a casual day it's perfect.  Check out these ideas for wearing a black maxi dress from Hi Sugarplum - she's one of my faves!


8 comments :

  1. Look at you hot mama! Did you just have a baby a few months ago?? Or was that someone else? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth- I just started to get in the maxi dress craze. I bought a full dress (similar to what you are wearing in this picture) and loved it. Last week I went and bought two maxi skirts and have worn them both this week as the temps are rising in MN. They are super comfy and can be dressed up with the right accessories! You look amazing in your picture above, your happiness shines bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! I found a maxi skirt earlier this week that I'm kind of excited about. Where are you finding your dresses and skirts?

      Delete
    2. The dress I don't recall as that was last summer, but the two skirts, surprisingly at Walmart. I was there for another reason and they happened to catch my eye. I did however, just get a spring/summer catalog in the mail for JCP and they have a lot of cute summer maxi dresses and skirts that I might have to go check out!

      Delete
  3. I have this dress and I wear it to work with a jean jacket and light summer scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea! I need to find a summer scarf I like! Any favorites that you have?

      Delete
  4. Look at you! Love how you kept your styling to a minimum because this maxi dress is gorgeous on its own :) I'm looking you up on Twitter and other social media now. Would love to read more!

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!