MENU

Friday, June 12, 2015

Interior Styling: Add A Natural Element

 

My decorating style is always evolving as I learn what I really like and how to make my vision come to life.  I recently fell in love with the idea of having a natural feel in my home and it all started with this deer shed I found while walking our new cattle pasture. It doesn't get more natural than a real life deer shed (I'm now full of questions for my husband about where and when to look for me, I love them!)

When I found the shed, it wasn't this white - it had a brown tinge to it and a few grass stains.  I soaked it in bleach over night and the result was this bright white.

Then I had a vision of pairing this deer shed with a bright, natural green.  I originally thought about green moss balls (search that!) because they would be easier to pick up if 11-month-old boy hands got a hold of them but on the other hand, anything that resembles a ball is fair game too.... Regardless my vision of pairing the deer shed with a natural green came together when I found this natural moss at Pier 1.

I love the result.  Simplicity and natural elements win every time for me!





Here are a few more ideas for adding natural elements to your space.
- Rocks or stones (purchased or found)
- Plants
- Faux greenery
- Succulents
- Branches or twigs
- Wicker baskets

By the way, here's an interesting fact... rodents eat/chew on deer sheds. If you look closely at the pictures you can see gauges in my deer shed.  That's from rodents!!  If I saw one lunching on this shed I'd probably have left it - I'm not much for those sorts of furry creatures.

Find me on Facebook and Instagram!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!