MENU

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Holiday cheer gift bags


Every once-in-awhile inspiration just comes to me and my crafty side comes out.  Usually it takes a Pinterest image or an idea from a blog post I've recently read to spark this creativity.  I wish I could remember exactly which blog sparked this idea so I could give credit where credit is due but pregnancy brain must be taking over.  Regardless, it was super cute idea that I revised to make use of the supplies I had on hand (it's a lot, trust me.)

This holiday cheer gift bag is super simple.  All it is, is a hot cocoa making kit which includes a hot cocoa packet and marshmallows all tied up in a cute little package!  I found these Starbucks salted caramel hot cocoa packets at WalMart. They taste just like the salted caramel hot chocolate you get at a Starbucks - yum!

I ordered a whole bunch of muslin bags I needed to use (when I ordered them I really only needed four but ended up with 20+, you know how that goes, right?) and since they are really cute once you stamp them with basic rubber stamps and ink, that's where I started.  I found my reindeer stamp at Hobby Lobby in case you are curious.  I also had little cellophane bags on hand (not sure why) that I finally found a use for.

I started this little project by stamping the reindeer on the muslin bag.

Then I put marshmallows in the cellophane bag and tied it shut with bakers twine.

Then I stuffed everything - marshmallows + the hot cocoa packet in the bag!  Super simple, right?!

I'm sending a few of these off in the mail to spread a little Christmas Cheer to friends I don't always get to see and then hand out a couple more to people I really owe a thank you too.

These would also make great stocking stuffers!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!