MENU

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Baby Things We Love


And by we I mean Gabe and I.  Well actually, truth be told, if mom and Gabe are happy, everyone is happy so that means the whole family likes what we like!

If you are just tuning in, Gabe is my third baby boy.  One would think I'd sorta have a clue as to what I'm doing with a baby or I'd at least have all of the stuff, but I'm always learning.  I am however more relaxed with a baby and by relaxed I mean I know that just because my baby is fussing doesn't mean that he has a chronic illness.

Between Hank (3) and Gabe being born there seem to have been a few new baby "inventions" that have come to market and a few new things I've discovered to be helpful with a new baby around.  In an effort to help out any mama's-to-be I've created a list of baby things we love right now.  All of the items are linked below!

First, this Moms on Call book is an awesome reference book.  I've read a baby care type book before each of my boys were born.  This one has been my favorite. Some of the ideas and items we are using, and working, came from this book.  FYI... it's not a read front-to-back sort of book.  It's more of a reference book.



Two of the things I'm using with Gabe that top my list of things we love are the Hatch Rest sound machine and A&D Diaper Rash cream

The Hatch Rest sound machine is awesome!  You can control it with your phone, it can act as a night light and eventually be set up as an "ok-to-wake" light. This has been a great tool to help Gabe sleep, especially since we have two big boys that don't quite understand BE QUIET yet.  I may actually get another sound machine like this for the big boys.

The A&D Diaper Rash cream is like gold.  Why did I stick with the other brands before?! I love this stuff.  Gabe is a little bit of a pooper so we've already experienced some mild diaper rash.  This stuff clears it right up.  It's a vasaline-type consistency so it creates a protective barrier between the poo and baby's bum as well as heals.  During Gabe's bedtime routine I slather some of this on his little butt cheeks to keep that little bum clear.  On a side note; the smell of this stuff is so familiar.  This must have been the stuff my mom used for my sisters.  Strange that a diaper rash cream would take me back to my childhood.  Do you ever experience that with smells?



Next up, I am a huge fan of the Snuggle Me Organic.  I kept seeing these on Instagram and decided to give it a try.  Gabe sleeps pretty well in it.  It's designed so they can't roll and makes them feel like they are being held since it has a false bottom.  It's a little spendy but I'm glad I made the investment.  The color I got is "Moss."

It only took me 3 babies but I've learned the importance of swaddling babies.  I used to think it seemed like some sort of cruel and unusual punishment but did you know that it's actually calming to babies from newborn - 3 months old?  (You probably did.) I learned from the Moms On Call book that babies aren't able to control their reflexes so they startle themselves awake.  Swaddling helps to keep them sleeping because their reflexes are under control.  I had no idea.  Since I'm not very good at swaddling with a blanket, I cheated and bought these SwaddleMe swaddles.  They work the same and don't require all kinds of fancy tucking.

A couple of other noteworthy mentions.  I opted for a backpack diaper bag.  This is the ticket. So much easier to carry with children in tow.  I got this one

For Christmas, my mother-in-law gave me a package of newborn-3 month baby socks by Gerber and believe it or not these socks actually stay on my baby! 

Finally, I've been liking the Dove Baby Body Wash and Lotion. I use the sensitive, fragrance free.  It's keeps Gabe's skin soft all day.  My sister is using it for her toddler and likes it as well!

There you have it, simple things that have saved our sanity.... so far.

Baby Things We Love:
1. Moms on Call Basic Baby Care: 0-6 months Book
2. Hatch Rest Sound Machine
3. A&D Diaper Rash Cream
4. Snuggle Me Organic
5. SwaddleMe Swaddles
6. Diaper Bag
7. Gerber Newborn Socks
8. Dove Baby Wash
9. Dove Baby Lotion

Cheers!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!