MENU

Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Gabe's Nursery


Nursery is a weird word to me.  It's Gabe's bedroom, it's not like he's going to switch from a "nursery" to a "bedroom" at some point, it's just not possible - we are out of rooms in our house.  But none-the-less, I'm titling this post Gabe's Nursery because that's what people go wild over.  Have you ever thought about that, kinda weird huh?

Now that Gabe is over 3 months old I figured it was an appropriate time to do a little show-and-tell of his room.  Actually, it's because I couldn't get my act together until now to put this post together.  Taking pictures of rooms is a lot of work - lighting needs to be right, I like it to be clean, and preferably not have a sleeping child in the room - or big kids around for that matter.  Well, the stars finally aligned! Ha!

His room is a pretty simple space.  Mostly because it's so small, it's the second smallest room in our house, but it is one of my favorites because it's on the south side of the house  so it gets so much natural light and it has an awesome plank wall that some friends and I built without telling my husband. You can read that post here.

When I was thinking about this room for our new baby I had one vision in mind - an over sized, black and white, long horn cow print and ta-da! I found it.  I think Gabe this cow have become buddies - it's pretty cute. 

The rest of the room was easy from there.  We've had the same basics for all of the boys - crib, dresser/changing table, and chair - and there are very few ways to arrange the furniture.

I also wanted the room to not be too-baby so he could grow with the room and eventually all we'll have to do is take out the crib and rocking chair and add a bed.

Here are some more pictures + the source list is below.



Source List
Crib
Rocking Chair
Dresser
Changing Pad Cover
Mirror
Sound Machine
Stool
Galvanized Letter
Clothes Basket (similar)
Long horn cow print (sort of similar) look in stores at Hobby Lobby

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!