MENU

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Gift Guide for Kids

Kids...they are the fun part of Christmas and since having my own kids my love for this holiday (besides Jesus of course) has been rekindled! I love how they find excitement in EVERY part of Christmas and gifts are the BEST surprises.  

Here is my round up of gifts for kids.  Primarily geared toward ages 3-6 since that's the age range of my two oldest boys.  Most of these gift ideas can work for boys or girls and are very hands-on to spark creativity, use up their energy and keep them busy long enough for us mama's to get stuff done...dishes, laundry, go to the bathroom alone..

Not to mention we don't need any more toy tractors!


Classic Legos. I love the classic legos, actually I love the sets too but I'm only up for putting them together once and not having to go through the 50 page instruction book every time a piece falls off. At least with classic legos kids can build whatever they want without specialized pieces.

Kinetic Sand. My boys LOVE this sand. Just get a big, deep roasting pan to contain the sand and add a few construction toys and all of a sudden you've got an hour to yourself.

Sensory Kit.  These look so fun! (I secretly want one for myself)  They have play-doh and a whole host of little toys for their little imaginations to create with!  They have both boy and girl kits and mini kits.

Bouncy Bull.  If you've followed me for any amount of time on Instagram you've seen my boys ride these bouncy bulls.  They are a perfect winter toy that burns up energy.  They also have a bouncy horse and Lil' Buckers for kids under 3. 

LCD writing tablet.  These are really inexpensive and perfect for the car and church, or really anywhere that you need a quiet activity for your kids. 

Sequence for kids.  A friend recommend this game to me and it's so fun to play with the boys.  It's easy enough for Hank (he's 3) and still fun for Colton (he's 5). 

Spot It Jr. Another game.  It's pretty fun -- easy enough for kids and challenging enough for me to play with them.  Plus there are a lot of different versions of the game you can play.

Walkie Talkies.  They work inside, outside and fit so many "pretend" scenarios from hunting to policeman to hide and seek. 

1 comment :

  1. Brings back memories of my childhood. Thanks for sharing such ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you're thinking!