MENU

Thursday, October 24, 2019

9 entrepreneurial gigs I have on my mind


I have this dream of owning my own business - some sort of entrepreneurial gig that starts out as a side-hustle and flourishes into a full-time business.  And, what I'm interested in doing is completely different than my current full-time job (I'm a territory seed corn/soybean sales manager).  Curious what these things are?!

I've narrowed down my list to 9 ideas.

1. Own an Air BnB.
Yep, I'm totally nuts but I think I'd like the decorating and organization of it better than dealing with the potential of messy people.  And, the area that I live in doesn't really have an intriguing reason for people to come and stay.

2. Become a Maskcara Artist.
I'm really liking this makeup right now.  I'm trying to decide if I can keep up with the consistency of posting videos, pictures, etc... regularly to build an organic following so I can avoid sending out awkward messages to people asking them if I can make-over their face (I hate messages like this).  My biggest road block to this is the fear of being judged.

3. Open a breakfast and lunch joint.
This summer our (very) small town cafe closed and we all miss it.  I think it would be fun to re-open a cafe to revive our (very) small town.  It was a place where everyone sat at a table together and community was built.

I'd have a small breakfast menu - I LOVE making breakfast, and a one-item-per-day lunch menu.  And perhaps, since we raise our own Certified Angus Beef open up one night a month to serve a steak meal - a farm-to-table dinner of sorts.

4. Skincare consultant.
This one is more for a younger version of me - I feel like I'd need to attend some sort of medical school but I think I'd love it.  For now I'll stick to writing blog posts like this one.

5. Interior Stylist.
I used to have a virtual interior styling business as a side-hustle.  It was fun, I might bring it back.
Gabe's Nursery
Boy's Room

6. Boxed Beef Anyone?
My husband and I have talked about this one A LOT and it's likely going to happen in the next couple of years.  We plan to finish out our own calves and offer direct-ship, hormone-free beef cuts.  Everyone wants to know where their food came from these days, to know that it was humanely raised. Plus, it's a way to get healthy, high-quality food on people's dinner tables.

7. Photographer.
I really enjoy photography. I'm not a professional (and taking pictures of people kind of scares me) but I do like to dabble in composition and editing.  I've taken all of my own maternity photos and newborn photos of Hank and Gabe plus I take all of my own Christmas card photos and blog photos.  Hit me up if you need something quick.

8. Speaking.
Yep - I'm totally ok with getting up in front of an audience.  It's been awhile but I'm ready to give it a go again.  My topic would be something around being a woman in agriculture, how to navigate this path without compromising who you are. Ok, so I have a few things I still need to work out around this topic but I do feel I have straight-forward knowledge and experiences to share. So, if you're looking for someone hit me up!

9. Online shop owner.
I actually have an Etsy shop called Apple Avenue Artifacts.  I sell bracelets, graphic tees (more to come soon) and cards. But I think it would be fun to expand beyond handmade items and fill it up with things I love. Check it out if you have a chance! (use code THANKYOU20 for 20% off your order as a thank you from me to you for reading my blog!)

I'm putting these ideas out there as a way to say - I'm going to put plans in place to make something happen.  My personality craves this.  Right now, there are at least 2 of these ideas that I may pursue in the very near future - they just need a little elbow grease to get moving.

I'm curious... if you could choose another job, or create one for yourself, what would it be?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Let me know what you're thinking!